8:30 am @ Widen Enterprises
6911 Mangrove Ln
Time: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Who is this workshop for?
- User experience professionals working in-house embedded within marketing teams, development teams, etc.
- People with non-UX job titles who are crossing over—doing increasingly more UX work
- UX freelancers and contractors who work with clients who don’t have large UX teams
- People who are interested in starting out in the field of user experience
What will you learn?
- Quick and effective methods for every point in the UX process, from planning a project to validating designs
- Common team of one situations and how to deal with them
- Soft skills for gaining buy-in, conquering conflict, and communicating your work
Part 1: The UX Process—in Theory and in Practice
We will start the day by looking at the foundations of user experience. What does a recommended UX process look like? And how does that process really need to adapt and evolve when you’re a team of one?
Part 2: UX Methods Adapted for a Team of One
With a high level understanding of the UX process, we’ll now dig into specific methods that are suitable or tailored for a UX team of one situation. We’ll familiarize ourselves with a toolbox of methods and get hands on practice in several of them.
Part 3: Common Situations for UX Teams of One and How to Manage Them
In this section we will have a frank and honest conversation about the challenges that UX teams of one may face. We will learn about useful techniques for overcoming them.
Part 4: Your Personal UX Roadmap
We will conclude the day by reflecting on how you intend to put these new tools into practice in your organization in the short term and the long term. We will reflect on how you would like your organization and your own personal UX practice to evolve and develop a roadmap for how to get there.